Safe Food Handling
The Safe Food Handling course has now been legislated for all food service operators.
This course is ideal for Managers/Supervisors to complete.
• Personal hygiene for staff members
• Understanding food poisoning
• What is food contamination?
• Prevention measures in the kitchen
• Understanding Government Acts & Regulations
• Cooking, freezing, thawing and food re-heating – how to avoid the dangers
• Food storage temperatures and rotation
• Effective cleaning and sanitizing
• Pest control Full reference manual included – course notes and legal information
Safe Food Handling Course is delivered online ONLY
Course Duration: from 30min to 8 hours. You can work at your own pace and save your progress as you go
Course Cost: $ 100.00 (for R&C members) or $150.00 (for non-members)
Identification and requirements
You will be required to provide a photocopy of a photo ID certified by a JP as well as a Statutory Declaration signed by a witness.
Click here to visit the training calendar for course dates
Click Here to download the course registration form – Fax back to 1300 722 396
Restaurant & Catering can deliver the full course at your premises (min 15 - max 25 participants) to cater to your establishment’s specific needs at a time that suits you.
Contact Restaurant & Catering on 1300 722 878 to arrange an in-house Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedure course.
For more information contact the Association on 1300 722 878 or click here
*This is a unit of competence within the AQF and is nationally recognised – National RTO # 6868, NSW RTO # 1518.
Required documents for enrolment
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Training Statutory Declaration
Residency consent form
Please download & read the Terms & Conditions before you apply to complete any course with Restaurant & Catering.
Already registered for a course? Be sure to read the Participant Code of Conduct before attending.
Read the RTO training policies before start your training