Who Are We?
Work Options was established in 2001. Work Options is a specialist injury management, OHS and employment solutions consulting firm, delivering injury prevention, injury management and employment placement services to Insurers, Employers, Government and individual Job Seekers. Our business is to find and deliver solutions for our customers that help them achieve their own business goals. That is our job - to deliver cost effective solutions for our customers that will allow them to focus on doing what they do best – building and running their own businesses.
As an organisation focused on our customers, we are dedicated to providing specialist, innovative solutions that focus directly on satisfying our customer’s real needs. We are able to achieve such results for our clients because we make sure we make sure we understand what our customers really need and what pressures they are under. Work Options is all about making a difference for the people we serve. Everything about how we are structured, operate and think is focused intently on delivering for our customers. That isn’t altruism or some shallow marketing blurb - its very smart business. We understand that the responsibility for our success, or otherwise, rests solely in our hands. We understand that a successful future requires our customers’ ongoing support, and that the quality of the relationships with our customers rests on how well WE perform for them. Glib marketing counts for little. Performance is what counts.
What Do We Do?
We are an approved Rehabilitation Provider under the NSW, ACT & VIC Workers Compensation Schemes, Comcare, ADF and State Motor Vehicle Schemes. We are accredited to provide both same and new employer services. Since our beginnings in 2001 we have, without fanfare and by concentrating on getting results, built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in the provision of injury management and occupational rehabilitation services. We have consistently outperformed industry standards across our performance – return to work outcomes, value for money, cost, durations, customer satisfaction and compliance with service standards.
Work Options have many years experience working across a wide variety of industry settings, as evidenced by our 'Preferred Provider' status with numerous employers, our partnerships with several Employer Representative Associations, representing some 20,000 employers across Australia, and our appointment on several major Insurer Preferred Rehabilitation Panels in NSW and VIC.
Our workplace rehabilitation services include:
- Case management – same & new employer cases
- Psychological injury case management
- Initial / Workplace / Functional / Ergonomic & ADL Assessments
- Vocational / Transferable Skills Assessments
- Psychological / Psychosocial Barriers Assessments
- Earning Capacity Assessments
- Medico-Legal Assessments
Our employer consultancy services include:
- Fit for Work (F4W©) Assessments and Fit for Life (F4L©) Programs
- Employee Assistance programs
- OHS & Injury Management systems, compliance and training
- Drug & alcohol systems, testing & management
- RTW Coordinator services
Our employment assistance services include:
Providing employment assistance to Centrelink job seekers suffering from a disability, illness or injury under the Dept. of Employment, Education & Workplace Relations’ Disability Employment Network
Employee redeployment programs for employers who have exiting employees, e.g. mass redundancy.
What Makes Us Different?
- We are a Quality Endorsed company under ASNZS:9001: Quality Management Systems
- Our highly skilled & professional team of multidisciplinary allied health professionals is focused on outcomes & customer service
- Our Performance Measurement System is the benchmark for the industry, incorporating regulatory & customer’s requirements, and allowing us to monitor and evaluate our performance across all areas of customer satisfaction, service standards & outcomes
- We are contracted by the Dept. of Employment, Education & Workplace Relations (DEEWR) to provide employment services to Centrelink clients with a disability, under the Federal Government’s Disability Employment Network. This provides us access to, and leverage off, a wide range of resources, intellectual knowledge, skilled staff and employer organisations
- Our innovative approach to vocational rehabilitation, including our 3 Step Program, Jobs Cafés and specialist Employment Consultants
- Our specialised approach to psychological injury cases (see below for details)
- We use leading edge technology, including a Virtual Private Network & our own in-house designed & built data management tool, WorkITã, to collect & manage case data and produce a wide array of individual, customer and company level performance reports – at the touch of a button!
- We are certified against the Disability Service Standards ensuring we work with our clients with respect, integrity, privacy, fairness, non-discrimination and freedom from human rights abuse.
Did You Know We Provide Specialised Psychological Services?
Our highly experienced Psychology Injury team provide both assessment and case management services for psychological injury cases, including:
- Pre-liability Stress Assessments – before liability is determined the claimant & employer are interviewed to assist the Insurer establish whether employment was the major contributing factor to the development of a psychological injury
- Psychological Assessment – determines the worker’s psychological status and provides recommendations for treatment, support services & strategies aimed at a prompt & durable return to work. Assessments are either conducted by or reviewed by a Registered or Intern Psychologist
- Specialised RTW Plans & Assessment Reports – which address the unique & complex barriers and needs of the worker & employer, common in psychological injury cases. All Assessment Reports & RTW Plans are reviewed by a Registered or Intern Psychologist
- Psychological Injury Case Management – by Consultants who are trained & very experienced in managing psychological injury cases. Consultants are provided support by a Registered or Intern Psychologist throughout the duration of the case
- Counselling Services – to address anxiety, depression, PTSD, fear-avoidance behaviours, adjustment to disability issues, mediation, cognitive retraining, drug & alcohol management, behaviour management, stress management & EAP
- SEACHANGE Program - “SEACHANGE” is a series of group sessions run by Work Options to address long term claimants with entrenched low self esteem, anxiety and depression, poor motivation, to learn more about themselves and assist them to develop and practice the skills they need to handle life and “what life throws at you” more effectively. The aim is to get these clients into a position of being ready to job seek. The program is generally run over 2 weeks.
- Specialised & Targeted Screening Tools – including psychological testing & tailored interview proformas
Job Seeking Services – Our 3 Step Program
Work Options offers a packaged 12 week program for our Job Seekers which includes a suite of interventions to prepare, train and promote proactive job seeking. This program is run by our Employment Consultants and all members of our team are actively involved across the three stages to provide a holistic range of services. We refer to our face to face program has having three distinct steps, which is outlined in the table that can be downloaded below:
Clients undergo appropriate Assessment and preparation prior to entry into the Program. This may include a Vocational Assessment , Transferable Skills Assessment & Vocational Counselling.
You can refer Clients to our 3 Step Program by the following methods:
- Complete our online referral form at www.workoptions.com.au; or
- Complete a Referral Form and fax to: 02 9957 131
- Remember to include your Restaurant & Catering Membership on the referral form so you receive further discounts
Who Is On Our Team?
‘Only with passion can we achieve great things’
Work Options’ personnel philosophy is that quality people make all the difference. We have continued to work tirelessly to build a team of highly skilled and experienced injury management professionals - retained for their strong customer focus, integrity, professionalism, interpersonal skills, and track record of achieving solution-focused outcomes.
Our professional consultant team has an average of 5-6 years experience providing OHS and injury management services. This is in addition to their clinical and organisational experience within the public & private health sectors and private industry. This provides us with a high degree of experience to draw upon in identifying innovative solutions to injury management problems.
Our professional consultants work with passion, drive, integrity and customer focus to deliver outstanding results for our customers. They are focused on getting the best result for the customer every time.
Our professional services team includes:
- Occupational Therapists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Registered Nurses
- Rehabilitation Counsellors
- Employment Consultants
- Social Workers
- OHS consultants
- OHS system auditors
What Value-Added Services Can We Offer?
- Collaborative Case Reviews – for employers who nominate us as their Preferred Provider we offer free monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly collaborative case reviews where we attend to discuss a selection of cases. Case summaries are prepared and agreed actions documented
- Free Initial Rehab Screen – we offer a free initial screen to assist an Employer to determine whether occupational rehabilitation may be required and, if so, the potential scope of services required. This may include a phone discussion and/or review of key documentation (upto 15 minutes)
- Free Review of Systems – we offer a free review of your Injury Management, OHS and D&A systems to tell you whether your system complies with relevant law (limited to 30 minutes)
Where Are We?
We service all areas of NSW, ACT and Victoria via our metropolitan and regional offices and network of contractors and satellite offices across both states. We have offices in:
NSW: Nth Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong, Newcastle, Central Coast, Albury, Wagga, Coffs Harbour
VIC: Melbourne, Bendigo, Shepparton, Albury/Wodonga, Wangaratta
NSW Contact Details:
North Sydney: Ph: (02) 9957 1300 Fax: (02) 9957 1311 - PO Box 851, North Sydney NSW 2059
Parramatta: Ph: (02) 9633 3942 Fax: (02) 9633 3962 - PO Box 9329, Harris Park NSW 2150
Newcastle: Ph: (02) 4952 4433 Fax: (02) 4952 4419 - 1/195 Brunker Rd, Adamstown NSW 2259
Coffs Harbour: Ph: (02) 4952 4433 Fax: (02) 4952 4419 - 11/9 Park Avenue, Coffs Harbour NSW
Albury: Ph: (02) 6021 1590 Fax: (02) 6021 1580 - PO Box 1159, Albury NSW 2640
Wagga Wagga: Ph: (02) 6925 7220 Fax: (02) 6925 7225 - PO Box 5547, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
For more information visit our website at